SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloe5_gw

Post Script on Lavender Den

chloe5
13 years ago

I am very glad that I didn't rush to repaint. The room is far from finished, but the color is growing on us, especially my husband. The situation improved notably once I removed everything yellow from the room. The oak bookcase and TV stand are both medium-stained oad. More brown than yellow. They get to stay. I pulled almost everything else out and we'll start from scratch.

The purpose of the room is this: My husband works 12-hour shifts 3 nights out of the week. He uses this room as his sleep room during his work times so that neither of us disturbs the other. The room is also isolated a little from the house and so he hears less barking during the day.

I now wonder if he secretly liked it all along but couldn't admit it without breaking some man code. It occurs to me that it is sort of sad that some men don't feel free to explore all that color has to offer us.

Anyway, I digress. Seeing some sofening on his part with the color, I explained to him that women find purple to be the sexiest color and very romantic and then I showed him how it worked. ;) Suddenly he is enjoying that color more and more as he sees the potential of having a room his wife might want to visit from time to time.

The room does look a little minimalistic at the moment. I've been shopping for bedding but haven't found anything to fit my budget. I reall like this set:http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=366956&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results but at $835 dollars I think it is a little outside my budget.

Anyway, here's a picture. I'll try to remember to post more when the room is complete.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (13)