SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsr2002

Hi from Lee in Boulder. Hospital food is.........

lsr2002
15 years ago

.....very good in Boulder, not so much in Denver. OK, I just wanted to make this food related. More on the food later.

I cannot tell you how much your prayers and good thoughts have meant to us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Max has read posts to me and he and Ann have talked a number of times on the phone and shared updates back and forth. I think Ann probably knows more about what happened to me than I do. I remember Max coming in, holding my hand and saying Good Morning Darlin' and asking if I could open my eyes. Good Morning was the only sense of time I had during the 12 days I was on the ventilator in ICU. About ten days ago the cardiologist came in on rounds and said "you gave us a bit of a scare." The translation from Max was that twice they asked if he wanted to call a priest, and said he should call the family and be prepared to say Goodbye. But the skill of my medical team and the power of all your good thoughts pulled me through. I have named my two bovine valves Elsie and Elmer after the '50s contented cows from Borden's and pat them every morning and say we're going to have a great day. The bypass graft and the stents don't have names. They took me off the ventilator on Christmas day - the best present for all of us. I am so thankful to be alive. And I now know how really important it was for me to have such a good team of Dr's and glad I had the time beforehand to research and select carefully.

I'm exhausted, so this is all I'm going to type tonight. It takes a lot of effort to walk 60-70 feet with the walker.

I'm glad to be back,

Lee

Comments (73)