SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sophie0621

elux icon or ka speed cook / wall oven combo

sophie0621
13 years ago

Need to find two wall ovens, one which can function as oven/microwave plus one full size convection oven. Really want the "speed oven" to have both microwave and heating element, not just a microwave with a fan. We were leaning toward the KA combo unit (KEM308SS) because of functionality and price but now I am a bit leary based on many of the reviews on this forum. Thinking about Elux ICON speed oven + 30" convection oven but not sure if the extra $1000 is worth it. Going to look at it today. Also thought about the Advantium but my husband isn't convinced that a light bulb can reliably cook food for any length of time. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences with Elex ICON vs KA? Are there any other brands to consider in this price range ($3000 - $4000 total for BOTH ovens)? I am really only a home cook with a small child and hopefully a second soon. Foresee plenty of cookies and cupcakes, occassional roasting and casseroles and of course holiday meals. Just moving to new house so we'll be living with our decision for at least 5 if not 10 years. Any input is appreciated.

Comments (17)