SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texaskitchentoo

E'Lux Induction Icon Owners - Questions

texaskitchentoo
14 years ago

A few of you have the E'lux Icon Induction cooktop. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I've searched and didn't find an answer and I can't seem to find the user manual on-line. I was disappoined the new regular E-lux induction cooktop has eliminated the 10" element in favor of two smaller 8". Dumb idea since three of my pans are 9" across the bottom. So now I have to look at the Icon or another brand. Okay here are my questions..

- The Icon says it has "infinite" cooking surface which says it adjusts the size of the element to match the pan. Most induction cooktops I've read about have explicit minimun pan sizes for each element. So if I put a small 5" pot on the 10" element will it adjust? Or is this too small? Is there a minimum size even with the "infinite" control?

- What does the Granite Countertop Kit do? Do I really need it?

- On the new version of the cooktop without the SS bar, the picture on-line shows the far left controller operates the element in front second from the left. And the second from the left controller operates the back left element. This seems backwards. This can't be right?. Is this just a goof on the photo or is it really this way?

- Can this be installed with a plug or does it require the armored cable? I have a nice plug under the cooktop area and would like to retrofit a cable w/plug.

Thanks!

Comments (17)