SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shappy_gw

Replace Miele Dishwasher G841? ADA Compliant

shappy
9 years ago

14 year old Miele has been great. Now getting intake/drain light. Pulled a broken piece out of the nonreturn valve and it worked fine for a few cycles and the intake/drain line light came on. Called a repair person, said the problem was when I put the nonreturn valve back I didn't push it in enough and said 100% it was fixed. It worked a few more days and the intake/drain line light was back on. Repair man came out again and spent about a minute and said I need some kind of a pump and it would be around $300. That doesn't make sense to me since it works perfectly sometimes so I don't really trust him.
So I thought I'd just get a new one. I only have room for an ADA compliant one (due to 2" high oak floors). I saw the Bosch SGE63E15UC but it gets such lousy reviews. The salesman discouraged me from getting this because "its noisy". Then he discouraged me from getting a new Miele because they charge for delivery, high installation etc.
If I didn't need a smaller ADA dishwasher it would be easy, does anybody have any experience with ADA dishwashers?? ASKO also makes several models.

I certainly don't need anything fancy but I've loved my Miele, the only thing I don't like is getting someone to work on it, almost no one does!

Would it make more sense to try and find someone who knows what they are doing to repair a 14 yr old dishwasher?

Comments (8)