SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie63_gw

Bathroom door handle finish in relation to other door handles.

annie63
14 years ago

Hi,

I have a question for all the bathroom remodelers out there. We are redoing our bathroom. The basic elements are:

Ivory travertine all the way up the walls. Minimalist and spa-like. No patterns, but wall tile will be offset.

Espresso vanity and mirror. Clean lines, chunky. Transitional, bordering on contemporary. Ivory travertine top. Stark white sink.

Polished chrome fixtures. Kohler Purist Line.

We need to switch out the old brass door handle. I fell in love with Omnia handlesets, and they are spot on perfect, but we have to switch out numerous handlesets in the immediate vicinity of the bathroom, so they all work together. The Omnia is about 90.00, but we decided to get Shlage Manhattan sets instead as they are 30.00 each, and look pricier.

Here's the dilemma:

The polished chrome set would look great inside our new bathroom, matching with everything else in the bathroom. However, I'm afraid that the polished chrome would be 'too much' on the outside of the door, and the other doors in the vicinity. Shlage also makes a brushed chrome, which would not match as well inside the bathroom, but works nicely on the outside of the door and the other doors.

What would you do? Thanks for any input!

Comments (7)