SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kerri1400

Door hinges and knobs does not match bathroom fixtures. Help !

last year

I know it is ok to mix metals these days, but I confess... I have never done so in a bathroom. I am building a new home and, for the most part, have Brushed nickel hinges and satin Nickel door knobs and fixtures with the exception of my guest bathroom. I chose matte black fixtures and a matte black with a little aged brass light fixture. ( The light is already ordered and can't be changed without a restocking fee). I just realized the bathroom door has the silver handle and hinges and that is the only silver in this bathroom. I was planning on adding aged brass towel hooks to break up the black. Am I overthinking the silver door handle and hinges? Should I change the hinges and door knob finish to black on this one door in the house? Do people actually have different colored hinges in their home? My other delimma is the Front door. I was going to use Brushed Nickel but realized my 2 outside lanterns by the front door are Aged Copper and Black. So Black would probably go better outside but then I have the brushed nickel hinges inside and also a closet close to the front door that is brushed nickel and satin nickel as well. I know you can use a different finish handle on the exterior vs the interior with some brands. I think I am on decision overload because I never went to sleep last night worrying about this. What would you do? Thanks !!!

Comments (6)