SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

Help with door lock / handle finish

desertsteph
13 years ago

I have to get deadbolts today - and some door handles. too many options... it's driving me nutso.

I have decided to go with the 'silver' family - but pewter? satin nickel? satin chrome? stainless steel? is one better than the others for exterior use?

I'm putting deadbolts on the exterior doors - should I get the lever handle that has a key lock or just use a bed/bath type handle on it?

dbf suggested I also put a deadbolt on my bedroom door too. not sure I want to do that... he's thinking that if i hear someone breaking in I could put the deadbolt on while I load my gun / call 911. My gun is always loaded and next to my bed ... but maybe I should anyway? He also thinks it'd be good so I could lock my room from the outside if anyone is staying with me and I have to leave for any reason. It's very unlikely that would ever happen tho.

Where I am now my bedroom door doesn't even really shut. My exterior doors don't lock...I thought I'd be doing good to have a lever handle with the bedroom/bath type lock on it!

Then he throws me this deadbolt curve!

The guys out here working this weekend will put them on if i go get them later today.

Comments (10)