SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

What is your opinion on door handle finish?

CaroleOH
5 years ago

I'm in the midst of a condo remodel and part of that is replacing all the interior doors with a two panel shaker style door.

We are redoing the bathrooms and I've picked out chrome faucets and shower head etc. The trim and doors will be white. Pendant/Sconces/Chandeliers are casual in style - Kitchen table pendant is antique nickel, Ceiling fan is brushed nickel with natural wood blades, DR chandelier and foyer light are a linen drum shade with antique silver/gold lattice.

My thoughts were to do brushed nickel door and cabinet hardware. My contractor was talking to me about this and was pretty convinced that all metals should match. In keeping with his thoughts I was thinking maybe I'll do chrome or brushed chrome cabinet hardware in bathrooms but keep the door hardware satin or brushed nickel.

I'm having a really hard time finding door handles I like that are chrome....What are your thoughts on door handle and cabinet pull finish when using chrome in baths? I was thinking since I have nickel in the main rooms, my door handles would be ok being nickel...now I'm wondering - probably over thinking this!

What did you do?

Comments (5)