SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Message to all parents old and young advice and memories needed

girlsingardens
15 years ago

When I was in the throws of post partum depression with Hayden (2 months before getting pregnant with Hudson) My MIL shared something for me and in this crazy time I wanted to share with all of you and for you to share what the quote means to you.

" As a mama, the hours are long but the years are short"

To me this means to forget about the dirty dishes in the sink and sit down and let the girls make me pretty. Sit and spend 15 minutes just staring at Hudson and now he is smiling at me. To lay on the floor and let the kids all wrestle me. And not sweat the small stuff. Rhiannon is the best helper and best 5 year old cooker, she even can successfully crack and egg and loves to help in the kitchen and help out with he siblings. Plus her favorite thing is cleaning the toilet. Now if I could get her to clean her room that would be great, but the big part is that she has been shuttled around so much she wants to be with mama and daddy and who could ever complain about that.

So what does my quote mean to me, whether your kids are 2 or 20. All the stories I keep and when sanity threatens to blow up I read them and realize I am not the only one.

So what do you miss and what do you wish you spent more time with.

A busy mama

Stacie

Comments (3)