SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrisrva_gw

Young parents only please

chrisrva
17 years ago

Dude,I mean no offense.Just seems like a bunch of older parents on here.I respect the older folks,but I need some younger parents advice here.

My girlfriend and me are gonna have a kid soon.She already has a son who is 6.I really care about her alot,and we have been making plans to move in together.

But,we feel we should have our own seperate living quarters in the house.I'll be havin the basement and her and her son upstairs.Gettin alot of weird responses from our friends about it though.

We have been dating 7 months and kinda wanted to go a little slower,and not rush movin in. But she is gettin kicked out of her other place,so we thought this was right.

I think it will be better this way.She knows her son is alot to handle and wants me to have some quiet once and a while and not feel like I have to be his parent.

After all I've read on this page and the step parent page,I'm kinda scared to be a step parent (which I kinda am even if we arent married) And I'm glad she's not expecting me to be right away.

I mean,things may change down the road,but now I'm happy I'll be havin some alone time.We're movin in this weekend,so no sense in sayin dont do it.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer