SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saleong

We need some input!!

saleong
13 years ago

Hi! Since this is my first posting...please have patience with me.

We (partner-Russ & I) are tearing down to the ground and building (going from ~750 sq ft to 1500 sq ft living area on a small lot). The downstairs is a VERY open design to accomodate dinner parties as well as the fact that we dance for a hobby. The only barrier between our "great room" and kitchen is a peninsula. The kitchen is tight (we moved the W/D to the garage to get adequate storage). We've been designing this for almost a year now and need to make our appliance decisions in the next month.

What we've come up with so far:

Frig: Liebherr or KA w/ French doors

DW: undecided, but leaning back toward F&P DD

2nd oven: KA micro w/ convection oven underneath (no warming drawer since it will go down to 100 deg)

Range: Capital Precision 36" w/ power wok ring

Sink: extra large 36" w/ 24" & 12" bowls and pass-thru window to back porch

2nd sink: round or rectangular bar size on the peninsula

W/D: undecided, but need front load since they've been moved out to the garage

bar frig: upstairs in MB-probably U-line, need small for a couple of bottles of wine & some appetizers (he has these romantic notions:-)

Our appliance person (recommended by our GC) is in love with KA, so I take some of what he says with a grain of salt. Russ is trying to talk me out of the second sink and back into DD (I do a lot of baking & would rather not do too much hand washing). We both cook, although by no means gourmet & I'm the wok cooker, so I'm in love with the idea of having 30K btu to cook on. There's only the two of us. We're in CA and the kids and grandkids are all in GA, so visits are few and far between, but they do occur every couple of years. We will host the rest of our families, especially mine, over a pretty fair amount. Parties will probably range 6-8 as a norm, all the way up to about 30-35. I want to keep my second sink, Russ doesn't think we need it. I'm being stubborn unless somebody gives me a good reason to give it up.

We've looked at Miele & Bosch for DW & W/D. Anything anybody thinks is so outstanding we absolutely need to have it? Have we forgotten anything? Are ice makers worth giving up the space?

Since we are starting from scratch for everything, I'm open. We've done a lot of research, but as many others, need some input to go one way or the other.

thanks so much!

Comments (6)