SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlpool_trainee

Plates and Bosch Dishwashers - Picture Thread

whirlpool_trainee
11 years ago

I decided to take some pictures of our old Bosch loaded with plates. Initially, I took those pics because I looked at manuals from traditional US dishwashers with their Sea-Of-Tines lower racks and wondered how many plates one could fit in there. Looking at manuals, it seemed like 15 or so plates and the rack is full. Some manuals also suggested to overlap plates or tilt them forward, which seemed strange to me. Therefore, I decided to load the Bosch up with just plates - and the cutlery basket, since our model is from 2006 and the cutlery rack was still patented to Miele at that time - if I remember correctly.

So this is the empty lower rack. I think this is also what you get with some current American Bosch offerings like the 800 Plus Series. There is a cup rack in the back and a wire holder to accommodate two rows of stemware on the lower rack with the tines folded halfway down. You can see that the front row is spaced further apart for deep plates.

Here, I loaded regular dinner plates in the back section and deeper plates in the front one. The colorful plates to the right are thick earthenware and you can see they do tilt forward a little. Yet, there's still enough clearance in between them to get cleaned.

Switched them around and the same thing becomes apparent: the soup plates do tilt a little but the colored ones now have plenty of space in between them.

With the cutlery basket in there.

And this is probably the most I can fit in there.

Alex

Comments (10)