SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gavavemom_gw

Questions RE: Miele, Bosch & KA dishwashers

gavavemom
13 years ago

We are looking into buying a new dishwasher to replace our 8yo builder grade model which no longer works. Here are the 3 models we are considering, Miele, Bosch, & KA. At the moment, I have a few questions:

1. What benefit if any does having a built in water softener provide? We do not have a water softener in the house, but are considering getting one as our water is not extremely hard, but hard enough to leave white residue on our faucets and shower door. Does Miele offer a model without a water softener built in? I know Bosch does.

Looking for a dishwasher with that cleans great, super quiet (our kitchen and FR share the same space), cutlery tray, 5-6 cycles.

2. Miele seem to be less energy efficient than the Bosch's. I see some Bosch's are 180 kW/h and some Miele's are 350 kw/hr?How do the cycle times compare?

3. I like the features the KA provides for the money (KUDE70CVSS) but have laminate counters and I am concerned about the top venting I am reading about, even though there is a metal plate that covers it. Also, made by Whirpool and at the moment, a little scary.

4. Is it true Miele have to be installed in a certain manner, with GFI outlet etc by a certified installer. My local appliance store charges $299 for a Miele install compared to other brands $99. They say it includes the extra outlet with lengthens the warranty by 1 year. I don't know. Extra $300 on top of the already pricey dishwasher.

Please let me know your thoughts. There is so much to think about here. I am sure anything will work a whole lot better than what we have now, but want to make a smart, informed purchase and get not the best model but certainly a good one.

Comments (25)