SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marbles_gw

wait for ka kude60sx (led display) or buy bosch dishwasher?

marbles
13 years ago

I'm planning my first kitchen remodel and have found this forum so useful, I'm hoping someone can help with my dishwasher decision. I really like the LED front display that is on the Kitchenaid KUDE60SX, but I haven't seen it in person yet. I like that it is quiet (43dBA), bigger than the Bosch (16 place settings), has a 3rd cutlery rack and has a water softener. A local store can preorder it for me for $1200 and I would get it in March. I usually rinse dishes and think a quick wash cycle would work well for me, but I think it sounds like the KA cycle time is a lot longer than the Bosch? Should I be concerned about the vent?

http://www.plessers.com/Kitchenaid/kude60sxss.htm

Or, I am also looking at the Bosch SHE68P0. I like the full LCD text front display (but prefer the look of the KA) and it is almost as quiet (44 dBA), but smaller (14 place settings), 30 minute quick wash, but no 3rd cutlery rack or water softener (I don't know how hard my water really is though). It is cheaper, about $1000.

Or, I've also considered the Bosch SHE65P05UC. LED on the front with remaining timer, the loudest (47 dBA), 30 minute quick wash, smaller (14 place settings) and also no 3rd cutlery rack or water softener. The cheapest at just under $900.

Every salesperson is telling me that Bosch is much better, but I've heard some great reviews of KA, and I'm confused and can't seem to decide. Which one would you pick? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (6)