SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms222_gw

Shower Disaster, Need Help!

10 years ago

Hi, sorry for the long winded post, I'll make it as short as possible.

A little over a year ago I had my bathroom gutted and redone, overall it was an OKAY job. However, the shower curb is a total disaster, and I need some advice! (Not going to explain why, but the original installer will not help and is not an option to go to)

As you can see in this picture, I have a drop down shower, and my shower curb has a glass frame enclosure on it secured on the sides by drilling into the fragile glass.

My major problem is that the installer installed the shower curb horribly (he should have told me not to run the white tile floor perpendicular with the shower curb, but instead put a tile piece horizontal at the end so there would be no grout marks for water to get into.

But worse in the pictures you will see the blue glass tile extruding outward from the curb, and grout on the top and bottom of the glass tile. The problem is that these grout fills are about 1/2" and are cracking all over and do not hold up. I removed the grout from the top portion and filled it with silicone which has done the job for now (but you will notice in a picture before I did this water seeped through and cracked a tile! (plus now im sure there is mold under that tile).

Bottom line is I don't think the shower glass doors can be removed and put back in without ruining anything, so what is the most effective way to correct this issue the best I can, to prevent future water going under tiles and creating mold, as well as making it look better.

Comments (4)