SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
panchoandlefty_gw

Thermador Freedom Column Quality

panchoandlefty
14 years ago

I was set to buy a Bosch fully-integrated fridge when we learned that the Integra line was being discontinued. While I could track down a Bosch online, I am a little worried that service will be an issue down the road. Plus, if possible, I would like to purchase locally.

Thermador is having a great rebate right now. I can get a free ventilation system (which I need anyway) with the purchase of the 36" Freedom French Door Column.

I ran the idea by my appliance guy because he doesn't have any Thermador fridges on the floor. He was skeptical. Said the doors had a lot of issues. He is going to "check around" to see if it has been resolved. Currently, he won't even order them because he feels the quality has been lacking. Sounds like he was badly burned at some point.

People on this site seem to have had good experiences. I live in Oklahoma, which isn't exactly the hub of high-end, european style appliances so my guess is that his direct experience may be limited. His issue may have happened a long time ago, but seems to have been bad enough that he doesn't even want to order fridges from them.

Any thoughts? It would save me $2500, so it is worth a little hassle if I need to convince him.

Stephanie

Comments (13)