SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

Will Gaggenau SS door panels fit Thermador Freedom columns?

kaysd
12 years ago

I believe both brands use the same basic units, built in the same factory, and the only differences are cosmetic (plus warranty). The Gaggenau columns have beautiful stainless interiors, fancier lighting, and different handles, but I just cannot justify paying an extra $2,000+ per unit for appliances that I believe are functionally the same. With that said, I love the Gaggenau handles, and I do not care for any of the Thermador handle options. I want the stainless panels, not custom wood panels. I looked at the 30" units in both brands yesterday, and they both looked large, but the Gagg units looked less bulky somehow. I think it must be the long slender handles versus the shorter, thicker handles offered by Thermador.

I cannot just buy the Thermador SS panels and the Gagg handles, because the drill holes will be in different locations. (Three holes for Gagg and 2 for Thermador.) Gagg sells the panels with the handles. The $200 extra per door that Gagg charges would be worth it to me to get the handles I want. If the basic units are the same size, is there any reason why the Gagg panels cannot be used on Thermador columns? Perhaps someone who sells these models can tell me. I do not feel comfortable calling BSH to ask.

Comments (3)