SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bourbonlady

Hi again since last year this time! (Lots of Pics)

bourbonlady
14 years ago

Just wanted to say hi and start sharing some of my decorations this year. Haven't been on since last year this time and have just been doing a bit of lurking this year. You all have made a wonderful start this year and I've thoroughly enjoyed looking through everyone's decorations. I got so many wonderful ideas last year!

Since I don't change things up much from year to year, figured this year I would give more of overall rooms instead of just the trees. My entry received the majority of the upgrades/additions this year, so I figured I would just start there.

Here is the entry from the front room:

Looking in from the front door:

This is my family tree tree at the base of the stairs. I started it late last season and added several frames this year. It has photos of my immediate family and of my brothers families along with all the photos I have of my grandparents up through several ggg-grandparents. Any ideas on how to strategically hide those darn cords? Electrical outlets in a 110 year old house is haphazard at best!

This is looking up to the landing on the stairs. I have never done anything there before (always intended to) until this year. I don't like heights...lol.

These twig trees were inspired by this forum last year and I absolutely love them. I had this arranged differently last year and the angels in a different place and was never 100% satisfied with either. This year I think they paired up beautifully!

All the ribbon and bows got replaced this year....after 12 years of use the previous ribbon was beginning to look a little ratty with kids constantly running their hands over the railing going up and down the stairs. Here's a close up of the garland on the stairs. Only thing new this year are the large gold stars under the bows.

This little table also got a new display this year. I've had these 3 wise men for a few years now and they just have never found a good home. I just sat them down by these candle holders this year and I think they now have a home.

Looking from the front room - another view:

Closer shot of landing on stairs. Forgive all the imperfections....this house is a major work in progress!

Looking down from the landing:

I'll try to get another couple rooms posted and hopefully get some good shots at night with the candles lit and no gray skies glaring in from the windows :).

Hope you all enjoy and it's so nice to see so many of you that I remember from last year!

Alex

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions