SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

Hidden Electrics, Hidden Medicine Cabinet - MB Reveal

suzanne_sl
9 years ago

Our (tiny) master bath was built in 1971 and the only thing we did to it in the intervening years was paint a few times, replace the faucet, change the vinyl floor to tile, and spruce up the cabinet faces. It was time to get serious. I really wanted to get the electric toothbrushes and shaver off the sink, so was looking for a way to provide electricity to the medicine cabinet. Have you seen the Roburn cabinets? Have you seen their price tags? Yikes! I saw the Hidden Cabinets and that seemed like a good idea. In the end, it turned out that the people who built the house in 1971 (we got here in 74) did odd things in the wall where the medicine cabinets was placed - cut out the wall studs for one. What we were left with after repair was a space 12" x 24", not ideal, but useable. We found a local cabinet builder willing to make us a cabinet that size with a frame for the door for $50. We cut a hole in the side of the cabinet and set the electric outlet that our electrician had wired inside the cabinet. I took the door to Michaels and had them mount my photos, and here is the result.

Here's the rest of the bathroom. We didn't change the shower, although we did replace the shower door when we re-tiled the floor.

Comments (6)