SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lnhardin

Refrigerator energy use - does this sound right?

lnhardin
16 years ago

In my search for the right all refrigerator for us I've been checking the noise and energy usage of both the Frigidaire Commercial and the ColdTech. I haven't gotten a handle on the noise on the Frigidaire, but the energy is .97 KwH per day, right in line with SZ and some others. I was interested in the Coldtech because it has so much room, can be configured different ways and has been configured to be quiet enough for a residential use. That checked out at 60 db. My Bosch dishwasher is virtually silent at 50 db, so I was good with that.

Anyway, I called Coldtech on the energy usage. They were listed on the Energy Star site as a "partner" but no listing of the models. The rep at Coldtech transferred me a couple of times and then came back and said she talked to the emgineering department and the closest they could come was 11 kwH per day!!!!! Good Grief!! Can that be right? I was expecting some more energy usage - after all it's 40 cu. ft., but TEN times as much? Could she have mixed up the decimal point? Should I call back?

Obviously, if this is right, that is definitely off the list.

Comments (6)