SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leslie77_gw

What's Wrong with my Media Player?

leslie77
16 years ago

I've used Real Player for years with no problems. Then this week someone sent me a .wmv file. When I tried to play it, everything was like a psychedelic movie - vivid colors, indistinct visualizations, etc. I thought that was the way the movie was, so I deleted it. Then I received a second movie and the same thing happened. I noticed both times after trying to play the movie that a notepad icon would appear on my desktop with the title dx 1 or something like that. After the second one, I decided something was wrong, so I uninstalled Real Player and downloaded it new. This time the two movies I had saved appeared with the Windows Media Player icon instead of Real Player. So I tried playing them with WM, but got the same psychedelic effects. So I tried selecting Real Player for viewing them, and this time I got the sound only with no picture. I'm confounded as to what's going on, and would like to know how to solve this problem. (I also tried to play a very old movie I had saved, and that played perfectly - it just seems to be things I'm receiving now).

Comments (2)