SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

pedestal tub in alcove w/o window for hall bath? bad idea for res

southerngalinnyc
13 years ago

Hi I am still obsessing about this hall bath so apologies for the 2nd post but it seemed like a different query so here it is...

So most of the photos and threads I see of pedestal tubs are in master baths with a window above...

I am pondering one for my hall bath ( used by guests and children) and it would also need to be used to shower... and the alloted space not much bigger than 60-70" wide...

There really isn't a big window in this bathroom... and to put this under the small one would require a major plumbing overhaul, so it would need to be located in an alcove with no window above, but I could perhaps lower one wall to a knee wall height to partially open up the space.

so I would love to see real life examples of pedestal or clawfoot tubs in this type of scenario and also have this smart, savvy group weigh in on whether this limits resale...

Our house was built in the 20s and we are going with updating but staying true to its original style...

I am channeling sarah richardson style bathrooms from Sarah's cottage - HGTV CA

see link below..

But am a little worried that it will be much less airy and whimsical like these with out more natural light... and weighed down by the need for a shower curtain and the pretty clunky rod system....

From lovely pink and green 2nd floor bath in all its glory
From lovely pink and green 2nd floor bath in all its glory

What do you think?

ps- I did see the use of a curved shower rod over a pedestal that was a little interesting... (look past the purple)

http://www.kordonline.com/2010/04/the-principle-ways-to-set-up-the-bathroom-lighting/set-up-the-bathroom-lighting/

Here is a link that might be useful: Sarah's Cottage Bathrooms

Comments (6)