SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmme_gw

full-wall mirror with light above?

mmme
15 years ago

I am installing full-wall mirrors above our vanities--this is a basic, frameless mirror that stretches from one end of the vanity to the other.

The glass company says there is no standard height, that they will do whatever I want. (But what I want is some guidance!) I measured a friend's, and put a mock-up on our wall, and I think the best height is 45", starting from the top of the backsplash.

My only concern is where/how to place the light fixtures over the mirrors. With 8' ceilings and 35" tall vanities, a 45" tall mirror would only leave 12 inches for the light fixtures. All of the light fixtures I see are about 6-8" tall, and according to the lighting store, they are supposed to be mounted with the bottom of the fixture a few inches from the top of the mirror. That would mean that the lights will be mounted just 3 inches from the ceiling. I think that would look weird!

If you have full-wall mirrors with light fixtures above, I would love to see photos and/or measurements. It seems like it should work easily, but it's a little more cramped up top than I anticipated.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH