SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

More and questions on recessed lights above mirror x sconce help.

jterrilynn
9 years ago

Hi all I could use your advice here. I have an alcove vanity area of roughly 78" long. There will be a 30" vanity on each end with a 24 x 36" mirror above each. The center area of run will have an 18" bank of drawers and a 12" d shallow countertop vertical storage with drawer going up in center of run, there will be roughly 3" on each side of mirrors. The vanities are 21" deep before tops. So I have ordered two of these sconces, one on each alcove wall for mirror lighting and plan on one or two recessed ceiling lights above each mirror. There will also be a center recessed light coming out further from wall in ceiling.

Sconce is a double 5"W 41/2" D 15" H. When mounted on alcove side wall it would protrude 1 1/2 inches into mirror.

Rough mockup not to scale but for visual lighting purpose.

QUESTIONS:
The room the vanity is in is 78 3/8" x 6' 2". Yes I know the lighting is not ideal but do you think it okay? Should I go with two recessed lights above each mirror? Would one be enough?

Also, I know little about recessed lighting, do some give off more lighting than others?

Comments (10)