SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murphyroad

What lighting/mirror above seated makeup vanity w/cabinets above?

murphyroad
14 years ago

Please help! Due to a last-minute bathroom remodel change, I have a seated makeup vanity and I have no idea what type of mirror and lighting to get. And I need to get them ASAP!

Against one wall I have a narrow rectangular marble vanity "desk-like" area. Under the right side of the marble there is a column of three drawers, and the left side of the marble, underneath, is open to take a small stool and my knees and a small wastebasket. From the ceiling against the wall above the marble ledge are two wall-mounted cabinets that match our sink cabinets, and they hang down to about 2 feet above the marble ledge. The space between the marble ledge and the bottom of the cabinets is where my mirror and lighting needs to go.

I am thrilled to have both a place to sit down to apply makeup and additional storage, but I have no idea what type of mirror and lighting would be best. Should the lights be installed in the bottom of the cabinets? To the wall? On the top? On the side? Should the mirror be hanging on the wall? Glued to the wall? Resting on the marble ledge? I know nothing about optimium lighting or makeup mirrors but as part of this, it would be nice to have a magnified mirror.

My contractor said just to google "makeup vanity lighting" but that yeields nothing really helpful. I'm pinning my hopes on the good people of this site, especially as my contractor wants me to get the mirror/lights ASAP since this is almost finished.

Can anyone help? Specific products you like, etc.?

Thanks!

Comments (3)