SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenk2008

Do you get tired of constantly defending your ideas?

jenk2008
15 years ago

It has been a really crappy week. Not only has the house been trying my patience, but I am so bogged down at work, I just want to throw the phone and all of my paperwork out the window! What is really getting to me though, is always having to defend my ideas. We asked the concrete contractor to do the slab a different way (I won't bore you with the details) and they kept questioning us on it, now my husband and our friend who is in the concrete business are questioning this. My dad did concrete for years, and he is extremely particular about concrete, so I'm going off of what he says (he did all of the concrete work on their house 28 years ago, and it is perfect).

Now, our plumber is questioning my design for our shop bathroom. I realize that everyone is just trying to help us out, but I'm so tired of trying to explain myself. I guess it doesn't help that I don't take criticism well, but does anyone have any ideas (or just words of encouragement!) to help handle this. Sometimes I wish I didn't know anything about building, then I could just tell them to do what they want! Sorry, I guess I just needed to vent...

Comments (16)