SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meddam_gw

Final reveal - skip if you're tired of white cabs!

meddam
9 years ago

Lol - just thought I would start out with that disclaimer in the title!

We embarked on this project about a year ago, but the actual work probably took 2 months. And then it took me forever to pick a backsplash and get it ordered. We are now a 2 person household (my stepsons are out of college) with 2 cats and a dog. We like to cook, but aren't chefs - lol.

We kept the basic footprint the same because it worked. My kitchen guy did suggest shifting the fridge down to make sitting at the island/getting into the fridge more feasible and that has made a world of difference. The previous kitchen was functional, but not pretty. We kept the soffits because they have significant plumbing in them and I didn't want to move it. My favorite things are the silgranit sink, the microwave drawer and having drawer cabinets. Such a difference!

I'd do it all again. The only thing I would probably change would be to distress the island. It distresses me that I might nick it - lol. Right now I have a table cloth on it because we have new cats that I am trying to train to keep off of it!

Details:
Custom inset cabinets
Perimeter counters - honed absolute black granite
Island counter - stained maple made by the cabinet makers
Fridge, oven and dishwasher - Kenmore (we already had those for a few years)
Hood - Broan 6030SS
Sink - Performa Silgranit II Cascade Super Single in Anthracite
Faucet - Delta Cassidy in ORB
Microwave drawer - Sharp
Backsplash - Sonoma Stellar platinum crackle 2x8in
Flooring - luxury vinyl tile by Armstrong, North Terrace Beige/Taupe
Pendants- Minka Lavery2244-267CDark Brushed Bronze
Curtains - Latika Seafom fabric from Calico
Paint - Valspar Coastal Villa

Here is the before:
{{gwi:2135751}}

After: