SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tena_re

Take a look and critique my house plan

tena_re
9 years ago

I am a newbie, but I have been anxiously wanting to join.. We have a buyer for our house (which we built 10 years ago ) and things are starting to move quickly .. I haven't been able to settle on a house plan so I got busy yesterday and started drawing my own.
Here are a some (a lot) of the details
We live in louisiana: 39 years old; want to keep sq ft below or at 2200: so far it's 2193 sq ft htd: our current home is 1600
kids - 17yo son; 12yo daughter:

10 acres; front facing west : in ground pool in future

So the issues I foresee are :
Kids each have their own bath. but I don't have a 1/2 bath - my reasoning for this is my company is always family and friends, we don't mind sharing our bathrooms with them:) besides I can't find the room.

Maybe kids rooms are to big? My son wants our king bed and My daughter will get his queen and am trying to give them a good size room, currently both kids rooms are 10x14; And there is no room for that queen bed he has now..I just want them to be happy... Ugh.. I am open to hear how they won't live with us forever :( and how they aren't paying for the house.

And I know the kids rooms are off foyer and most would cringe but our current home is the same and the kids don't mind. (They aren't completely spoiled)

No formal dining...I Absolutely know that I do not need one... Our Current home doesn't have one or a breakfast area, so this will not be a problem for us. Besides I could always turn living room into a dining room in the future.

Pantry location???most probably won't like, I have an upright freezer I would like to go in there if space allows

No coat closets; right now we hang everything on back of our chairs, lol! not sure where I could fit one in, but would like if I had the space...

I really want opinions before I hand over to an architect, I would like to resolve any kinks that can be forseen to prevent any future.
I will post pics of what I have in mind for exterior;

Any feedback welcomed...

Comments (12)