SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beckyg75

Opinions needed! Pedestal sink vs. this vanity

beckyg75
13 years ago

Hi there,

I've been lurking and reading these forums and really appreciate seeing everyone's opinion.

Here is my situation:

We bought a place recently and the guest bath is the only 1 of 3 bathrooms with a tub. It is right by the front door. The 2 bedrooms at the back (down the hall) both only have large stall showers. The people we bought from did not have kids, so they only had just the toilet, pedestal sink, and tub w/curtain in the guest bath. What I am trying to ssy is, they NEVER used that bath - it doesn't have a single iota of storage, not even a medicine cabinet.

We are a couple who would like to have kids, and from what I hear from friends, I'll need to bathe them in the tub for the first several years.

We plan to replace the tile and toilet in this guest bath. While doing that, should we replace the pedestal sink with a vanity?

The bathroom is small, about 5x7 and can't be enlarged, so there isn't room to install cabinetry elsewhere, except maybe a cabinet above the toilet, but I really dislike those as somehow, stuff always seems to fall in! :-)

The pedestal sink there now is the Kohler "Portrait" - it is lovely and in pristine condition:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xqe/R-100668604/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

The pros are that it looks good in that bath, and it saves us money to keep it. Also, b/c the bath is small, the pedestal does make it feel more spacious.

If I were to replace it, I would put in this - the Porcher Ovale vanity with Carrera marble top (I have to choose something under 27" wide, and I like that it doesn't have sharp edges for little kids to poke their eyes out on!)

http://www.homeclick.com//web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?pid=223611

Anyone have opinions about this?

Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH