SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

Photobucket and privacy

lotodig
13 years ago

I have recently had the same experience as others with posting on this forum and then discovering that the link when clicked on opened my photobucket page.

I was having a problem and posted a screenshot but when the person on the forum here (thanks Raven) mentioned that she could not see my screenshot "OR THE ONE IN PHOTOBUCKET", I was puzzled, I did not know that you could click on a pic in the forum and bring up the pic in my photobucket account.

I must say here that it was not a problem for me, I have no personal photos in my account. But I was curious and went to my photobucket account and discovered that many of my photos had been viewed by hundreds of people, there is actually a graph showing which and how many times a photo is viewed. I did not know how that could be since when I opened my account I had deliberately made sure to make my account private with no viewing from others.

Well there were many changes since I had last been into my account so I assumed that when the changes were made the settings reverted to default and left my account wide open. I found how to change the settings back to private but now I am very leery of that site....

I know that no matter what your settings are, when you post a photo on the web from photobucket anyone can use it and anyone can click on it and as Raven explained, see that same photo in photobucket.

Bottom line......Check you settings if you use Photobucket. Don't assume your settings are OK like I did. Don't assume that your original settings are still in effect.

Raven, I hope you don't mind me including you in this posting, you did bring the situation to my attention and I wanted to share.

Comments (25)