SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cactusmcharris

How To Operate An Old IPod

- or for that matter, any IPod.

I was recently given an old (30 GB) IPod, and since it represents the direction in which I want to go, it would behoove me to learn how to use it.

I did go to the Apple website and looked at the manuals available but found nothing that had my model - I likely overlooked it but still, I know nothing about this but would like to learn.

If anyone can direct me to a site that gives me some IPod edumacation, I'd be very grateful.

I just bought a USB connector for it and it's apparently charging (it was dormant for at least a year) - the screen on it now says 'Do not disconnect', along with displaying the red 'Do not' symbol, so I won't.

Its dimensions are roughly 5.5" by 2.9" and its upper half is a display screen, while its lower half is a circular control system that's marked (from the 12 o'clock position) 'Menu', 'Fast forward', 'Play/Pause' and 'Reverse'.

I see no other model # on it aside from '30GB' on the back of the unit. It's also encased in a stylish leather (black) ensemble - wait, it was wearing that but I stripped it in an effort to find out the model #.

Anyway, if you could tell me where to find an instruction manual, I'd be much obliged. I look forward to going CD-less and I understand this is how to do it.

Thanks,

Jeff

One more thing - at 30GB, how many songs (nothing else) will it hold, approximately?

Comments (3)