SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Technically OK to mix and match shower fixture brands?

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

Although the plumber our GC is using for our bathroom addition included providing fixtures in his quote, I've told the GC I'd like to get them myself. I'm certain I can get most fixtures cheaper than he will charge me for them (I'm a pretty good online bargain hunter), and I don't want to be tied to just one manufacturer (he specs Kohler, but I want some Kohler, some Moen, a Toto toilet, etc.)

My plan is to personally purchase all the fixtures you can see, but since I'm not a plumber, leave water supplies and valves, etc. to the plumber.

In the shower I was planning on getting a handheld shower, slide bar, elbow attachment and hose all made by Kohler and a pressure-balanced valve trim made by Moen. Is this a problem when it comes to the actual plumbing?

Also, is there anything wrong with my plan of providing all the "pretty stuff" and letting the plumber take care of the utilitarian stuff, presuming I have everything on site in plenty of time for him to get parts he might need for those specific fixtures?

Comments (8)