SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_coopersmith

Mixed bathroom fixture finish confusion

Jill Coopersmith
6 years ago

As mentioned in a post in the kitchen forum we are recovering from severe water damage in our home (burst waterline). All of our floors were removed and the drywall was flood-cut in all rooms throughout the house. Among other things, we have to replace our bathroom vanities and counter tops, but the original (2008) shower, tub, and toilets remain in tact.

We have already selected cabinetry and counter tops. We are going with dark maple glazed vanities and cultured marble tops which are mostly white with some pale gray and pale salmon swirls. I have my heart set on oil-rubbed bronze faucets and cabinet door/drawer pulls, but everything else in the bathroom is brushed nickel.

The bathtub drain, trip lever, tub filler, and shower controls are brushed nickel. I know I can change the shower head, and I might even be able to change the mixer and the tub filler, but it doesn't seem much sense to have a rubbed bronze shower head when he drain and trip lever are brushed nickel.

The existing towel bars are builder-grade white porcelain and the vanity light fixture is brushed nickel - these can be easily changed, and I want to. But I just can't figure out how much mixing of finishes is okay and where I should draw the line.

I was thinking about using rubbed bronze for the vanity faucet, pulls, light, towel bars, and toilet paper holder, and leaving the brushed nickel finishes in the shower/bath.

I am second guessing myself... my toilet flusher is chrome and my doorknobs are brushed nickel... haha... every time I think about it another item surfaces that I need to consider... the shower curtain rod... the light switch plates...

Please help me figure this out! Thanks.

Comments (2)