SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pitpat_gw

grout for glass tile

pitpat
16 years ago

I have to buy grout tomorrow for our glass tile shower wall install (starting Tues) and I'm not quite sure what to get. We are using a lot of Hakatai Ashland 1x1 paper-faced mosaics, which have a 1/8" grout line. Hakatai does not recommend anything specific - just says to use sanded or unsanded grout. Our accent tile is Oceanside 1x1 paper-faced mosaics, and I can't find info on the size of the grout line. Oceanside recommends using a sanded grout, and their instructions specifically say NOT to use epoxy. So dh went to the tile store where we bought our floor tile, and they insisted that we should use epoxy for the glass shower wall tile. After reading more here and elsewhere, I disagree. Epoxy would be a poor choice, right?? And, if so, then do I get sanded or unsanded grout? The tiles are a blend of transparent and translucent (matte). I was planning to get Laticrete 1500 series, which is one that is recommended by Oceanside, and I was going to get the admix too. Does that sound like a good idea? Or should I get Spectralock? I am also going to call the tiler tomorrow morning and get his opinion.

And any grout recommendations for glazed porcelain Daltile 6x6 tiles?

Thank you!!!

Comments (4)