SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poolprincess

Litokol Grout for Glass Tile

poolprincess
10 years ago

I am in the middle of a pool build and have my own thread on it, but thought this deserved it's own posting.

We went with one of the bigger pool builders in our area. We knew going into it they would be a little more "cookie cutter" but also knew they have a good reputation with quality work. We figured we could make it costume looking pool, by choosing our own designer and finishings.

Pool tile was huge to me because I see it as the "icing on the cake", after weeks of researching and obsessing, I decided on this beautiful Italian tile called Sicis in Zinnia 2. We were not disappointed when it arrived (I did order a small sample prior)

We told our PB and they said they called Sicis to get installation instructions and trusted him to get all the correct information. He asked about everything but the grout! He decided (without consulting with us or SICIS) that white sanded grout would be best for this beautiful iridescent tile. When we came home after they tiled it were VERY disappointed to say the least. It really cheapened our tile and looked so muted than without the grout.

Long story short after some research and calling SICIS again for grout recommendations they said they use LITOKOL grout. Of course no local tile place even heard about this grout. I managed to find some info on the internet and an email to the North American distributor (I guess this is very popular in Europe but new to this market) In minutes he was emailing me and put me in touch with the local distributor. The local distributor came to our house and showed us a sample on our tile next to the ugly white grout. OMG!!!! what a huge difference. I want the tile to be front and center not the grout and this grout does that!

The grout he showed us is called Crystal Glass Grout. It has glass composition remains and refracts the color of your tile so it enhances your tile and doesn't compete with it.

Also, we wanted to go with a SALT system and with this grout it will not be an issue.

I am writing this review because I was so impressed with the service of their grout company and the quality of product! He said he would come back to show the tile installers how to install the grout. There is also a video of it online somewhere. The grout is neat and is clear with little crystals in it and if you are looking into glass tile, this would be the only grout I would use!!

So now my PB is taking out all that white grouted tile and redoing the whole thing! Luckily I told him to stop with the white grout before he grouted our spa.

Anyway, here are some photos to show the difference. The difference shows up so much better in person though!

Left- LITOKOL tile R- white grout

Comments (7)