SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linatmi

Epoxy grout with glass linear tile vs. granite backsplash

linatmi
12 years ago

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post on the site. I've been reading many excellent ideas/suggestions/discussions. So I hope I could get some help from here.

We bought an old house and are renovating the kitchen. The existing kitchen is small and outdated. So we are recreating a new kitchen with vaulted ceiling and spacious in a different area of the house. Even though we hired a good contractor doing this project for us, we still have a lot of questions/decisions for the project.

Here is the one I can't decide and wonder if the experts here could shed some light for me. The kitchen is transitional style and here is the photo we are building this new kitchen on. We have chosen the cabinets, granite counter top,and back splash for the wall. I am stuck on what I should use for the back splash right behind the range.

I do a lot of stir fry cooking so the grease is usually pretty bad. I want to have a easy clean backsplash. The tile lady suggested using either a chunk of the same granite from the countertop, or use the Epoxy grout on the glass tile we chose for that area.

Main backsplash tile 8X18" (this is the main backsplash in the places other than the one behind the stove)

Backsplash tile border glass ( a strip of this tile is used as the border for the other area. It's suggested I could used this one VERTICALLY covering the whole back of the stove area. I'd image it'll look good but not sure about the grout)

Counter top granite - Ghibli Gold slab (Or I could use piece of this for the backsplash behind the stove)

This is what we hope our final product would look like. This image is copied from Kitchen-Design-Ideas.org

I can't put all the images together. Any suggestions or photo would be greatly appreciated. I read some threads regarding the Epoxy grout mentioned the cost and the installation difficulty are the main concerns. I noticed someone said it's not that stain proof. If I'll go with the Epoxy grout with the glass tile, I'll choose a color matching the adjacent main backsplash tiles so it won't show. Will the grout sustain the grease and steam? Which choice is more costly? Will the granite backsplash look good?

Comments (2)