SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sfhill_gw

Problem with Full System Recovery on HP

16 years ago

This home computer is an HP a250n with Pentium 4. It has 512MB SD Ram and a 120GB hard drive. I ran a full system recovery with the CD's that was taken from the computer when new. After taking 40 minutes to run the 6 CD's, which is normal, the tray ejected the last CD and the screen said that I sucessfully formatted and restored the hard drive as it was when new. Then it asked me to answer a few questions about the country, time zone, etc. After a few pages of this which went fine, it came to a page that wanted to know the computer's name. I simply typed in, "my computer" and clicked next. An hour glass came on the screen and it will not go any further. The only way the computer can be shut off is by pushing the off button. I have tryed restarting a total of 4 times with the same results. It always starts right up as normal and takes me directly to this computer name page where I can go no further. I have done this full system recovery 2 other times during the 4 years that I have owned the computer and it worked fine them times. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments (3)