SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Passwords won't save

A new problem has appeared and part of it is connected to FF. Passwords that normally save from one session to another are no longer saving.

Since yesterday's boot (after the McAfee weekly scan), none of my passwords "stick" (such as on this forum and on Yahoo). I've been careful to be certain I've checked "remember my password". I've run a thorough Malwarebytes scan (nothing) and rebooted. The problem persists today. - I have to re-enter passwords after closing the FF browser (I knowÂdon't close the browser!).

When I enter the user name, FF does automatically enter the password. However, in the past, as long as I hadn't logged out, I could just go to the site and already be logged in.

In Gardenweb , the password does not even carry from one forum (i.e. computer) to another (i.e. Florida gardening) within the same FF session. I have to log in for each Forum. I know that Gardenweb has been having problems, however, so maybe they have changed their policy on the carryover of passwords from Forum to Forum

I.E. is better. I still have to log in separately for each of the Gardenweb forums mentioned, but when I close the I.E. browser and reopen, I don't have to log in again. The same is true at Yahoo.

I checked for a FF update, but there is none.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggests for a FF fix?

XP, FF 3.5.6, McAfee Suite, Superantispyware, Malwarebyes, Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search & Destroy, ATF Cleaner. Any that do not automatically update, were manually updated on Tuesday.

This A.M. I opened each of the above programs again (even if updates are automatic), searched for updates, and installed what was available. Rebooted. No fix.

June

Comments (3)