SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Are some mirrors NOT suitable for bathroom use?

flseadog
13 years ago

We have been looking for a mirror to put over a 30" wide vanity in what eventually will be a pool bath. This means that the shower in this bathroom will only have intermittent use unless the hoard of grandchildren and great nieces and nephews descend all at once in which case it will have very heavy use in a short period of time. When the bathroom is not in use as a pool bath it will function as an adult powder room so I would like to buy a decorative mirror of some sort. I've seen some rather inexpensive ones at lampsplus.com described as having "hand applied silver leaf finish" but I'm afraid something like this (or a good wood frame) would disintegrate under the clouds of steam the kids will generate. Does anyone have experience with using mirrors not specifically designed for bathroom use in a bathroom. I've always either had just a big plate glass mirror extending the length of the vanity, medicine cabinets, or the tilt type mirrors made for bathrooms but I don't know if they are really specially made for bathrooms or not. Is there any way to tell if a mirror is suitable for bathroom use? Thanks.

Comments (2)