SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mitchdesj2

stubborn stains on glass shower doors

mitchdesj
13 years ago

I have frameless glass doors in the master shower, and a perplexing band along the edge of the door that has a 6 inch band of spots, top to bottom,

the stains look like dried water drops, or they look like what the whole door looks like before we clean it.

I'm wondering if my cleaning lady used something that etched the glass,

she says no; I cleaned it all myself last weekend and the stained band persists.

I had window washers here yesterday and showed them the stains, they tried

CLR on a small part, the stains did not budge. I called the person who installed the doors, they use Sparkle window cleaner for stubborn stains,

so I'll order some of that and try it. I also rubbed a Mr Clean eraser on the stains, nothing happened. It's almost like the spots are imbedded in the glass, you rub and scratch, it does nothing.

I once heard that oven cleaner can remove stubborn stains on glass, I haven't tried it yet.

If nothing works, the door can be sandblasted but that would be a pain.

The edge of the door where the stains are located would be the point where a person showering would splash soap and shampoo the most. I squeegee the glass everytime I shower, DH does not. 8 times out of 10, I go and squeegee for him when he's out of there. All the glass gets cleaned weekly, I even run a microfiber cloth to dry out the glass doors in between cleanings.

I know this is a lot of info, but I'm including it in case someone has a product

or a method to try that I have not thought of.

Comments (6)