SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjmvhome

Standard Viking Kitchen - Should I Upgrade (or Avoid)?

pjmvhome
12 years ago

We're buying a new home and it comes with standard Viking Designer Series for the range, double wall oven, dishwasher and microwave. At first, I was excited as it "looks" nice, but after reading lots of posts on this forum, I'm beginning to wonder if I should upgrade the standard viking units that come with the house.

Since this is a track home, we don't have as much flexibility as a kitchen remodel or custom home. We inquired about getting a rebate for not installing the Viking appliances, and that's not an option :(.

Given our options below, I'd love to hear feedback on whether the offered upgrade options are worth considering ...

RANGE

- Included 36" Viking Designer Series SS Cooktop

- Upgrade to 36" Wolf SS Sealed 6 Burner Rangetop (SRT366)

- Upgrade to 36" Wolf SS Sealed 4 Burner Rangetop with Griddle (SRT364G) ... Has anyone compared the built in griddle to a portable griddle you can put on top of the burners?

DOUBLE WALL OVENS

- Included Viking Designer Series SS Thermal Convection Double Oven (DDOE301-SS)

- Upgrade to Wolf SS Double Oven, Convection over Non Convection (DO30-2F/S-TH E Series)

- Upgrade to Wolf SS Double Oven, Convection over Convection (DO30F/S L Series)

DISHWASHER

- Included Viking Designer Series SS Dishwasher (DDB325-SS)

- Upgrade to ASKO SS Dishwasher (D5122XLSS)

- Upgrade to ASKO SS Dishwasher, hidden controls (D5122XLHDSS)

MICROWAVE

- Included Viking Designer Series SS Microwave

- Upgrade to Wolf SS Microwave with 27" E-Series Trim Kit

FRIDGE - Fridge is not included with the house, but it is an option we can get through the builder. Are any of these worth considering, or should we just find another brand on our own.

- 42" SZ Side by Side SS (BI-42S/S/TH)

- 42" Viking Designer Series SS Side by Side Built-In (DDSB542-SS)

- 48" SZ Side by Side SS (BI-48S/S/TH)

- 48" Viking Designer Series SS Side by Side Built-In (DDSB548-SS)

Comments (7)