SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onelady1dog2girls

I need your help on feedback for masterbath plan

onelady1dog2girls
12 years ago

Hello, everyone. We have a very small master closet presently. To address the issue, we came up with the plan you see below. It takes some space from our master bedroom and from the existing bath (about 3 feet). The ceiling is one of those crazy slanted ceilings that starts at 8 feet at the window wall and slants up to about 12 feet. The double vanity is 5 feet. I'd like to have 2 mirrors and the lighting would either be sconces or pendants (mini chandeliers) hanging from the ceiling? With 24 inch width mirrors (x2) that does not leave much room for sconces on both sides of the mirror. Do you think the pendant idea would work hanging from a slanted ceiling like that?

Also, I think we have a 6 ft permit clearance that has to exist from the tub. Where would you hang a nice chandelier? Of course, you see the beautiful pictures of chandeliers about tubs, but the permit does not allow.

I'd like to undermount the tub and extend the granite slab (madreperle - mother of pearl) into the 5 x 5 shower. I read on this forum that we had to slant somehow so water does not pool on the deck. Do you have any recommendations that I could pass along to the contractor? Is there an edge profile that would work instead to enable the water to continue off the deck (rather than pool)?

Here are some of the materials selected:

Calacatta gold porcelain tile on floor and most of walls

Accent walls in shower and the wall behind the mirrors - silver vetro lux mosaic tile

Vanity - dark walnut

Undermounted tub deck - mother of pearl/madreperle granite

Tub - 60 x 32 bain ultra origami

Built in tub skirt - dark walnut

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Comments (5)