SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

Updated plan for your feedback, my 20' shrunk to 19' :)

auroraborelis
11 years ago

Okay, shrinking by 1' doesn't count for much but I thought it would remind everyone of my last post! ;)

Below is my updated plan. Not a whole lot has changed but let me provide a run down.

- Pantry expanded. I thought a lot about entering the pantry from the hall, or having a walk through pantry, and we think this simple design works best for us.

- Swaped the fridge and oven to create a prep/cooking zone on one side of the kitchen and a baking zone on the other.

- After a lot of thought, we are okay with the distance from the prep area to the pantry. A lot of the food we cook is fresh and comes out of the fridge and we are fine with going to the pantry for the canned/packaged items.

- Much of the pantry contents are baking supplies (I have about 10 kinds of flour) so it made more sense to have the pantry near the ovens. We are willing to have the fridge further away and don't want to have additional fridge drawers as then we would just be confused as to where everything is.

- The extra chair to the left of the island will be space under the island for a chair, but in reality there won't be a fifth chair, it is room for a high chair when needed. (I'm pregnant with our first and we hope to have one more).

- Also, I doubt we will have a trash compactor, so the trash/recycying pullout will either be where the TC is located now, or the dashed line showing recycling (we only need one spot for both). Which do you think is the right location?

I've tried to circle zones, and also draw work paths to illustrate my thought process, though one thing I'm not certain about, given the current plan where would you store dishes?

The appliances in our kitchen will be: 36" induction stovetop, two dishwashers, 42" french door fridge, oven/microwave single unit (no double oven).

I've also posted my entire floor plan to building forum, and the link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to thread with overall floor plan

Comments (45)