SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alliebr8

Updated Architect Floor Plans! PLEASE give feedback!

AllieBr8
11 years ago

We live on a 130 acre farm...we have decided to do a major add on /renovation...instead of building new up on the hillside of our farm. We've grown to love the spot where our house sits. The small single story brick ranch home is what you see in the plans now as the kitchen and great room which is a 1 1/2 story vaulted ceiling. We liked our architects problem solving in that aspect with how he transformed/incorporated the existing structure. I'd love it if the kitchen could be closer to the garage but it would take it too far away from the diningroom. I don't think the space upstairs is being utilized as well as it could be. Lots of hallway space. As well I think I'm doing away with the jack and jill and putting one access door from hall. I think our master suite WICs need reworked. We do not own a piano...architect added that for picture sake. What do you think of main stairway placement? Is it bad feng shu to have it coming down toward entrance? Or is there enough space there? We are a family of 4(husband/wife/4 & 2 yo) Open to all comments/input!!! Thank you kindly!!

Comments (40)