SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexander_timofeyev

30" range died, overwhelmed and need help finding replacement

We have an old 30" coil-top free-standing electric range - that we hate - who's oven just died completely, and I am overwhelmed with trying to find a replacement.

We cook on the range several times a week, use the oven for roasting / broiling weekly, and my wife bakes brownies / cookies / cakes / cheesecake twice a month.

I was thinking of switching to gas -- we could have a gas line put in for ~$300 -- but I read that gas ovens don't hold their temperature well, and my wife would be annoyed if her baked goods came out wrong.

Then I was thinking dual-fuel, but CR said that they found no benefit to dual-fuel? Even more confusing.

So now I don't know if we should go with gas, or dual-fuel, or induction.

We don't have a fixed budget. We were initially looking at free-standing ranges in the ~$1k range, but we could do ~$2k+. We prefer to be frugal, and we are considering moving to a bigger house, but we'd rather pay more to get a better range that we'll be happy with than save money and regret it.

Our range is on an interior wall, so our "vent" hood is a recirculating forehead-greaser that we never use - I don't know if that would be a limiting factor.

Thanks for helping me out.

Comments (65)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022