SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mydreamhome_gw

Calling Macv, Oberon & All Other Window Experts

mydreamhome
14 years ago

Please help! I have run the gamut on researching & pricing 33 standard size double hung windows, 3 sets of arch-top casements & 6 sets of French patio doors (4 of which are fixed units) for a house my DH & I are GCing ourselves in NC. We have investigated all the major makers (Pella, andersen, etc) & are down to Jeld-Wen & Marvin. I just got quotes in on Jeld-Wen Siteline EX (extruded aluminum clad wood windows with GBG, Low-E & Argon) and Marvin Integrity (Ultrex clad wood windows with GBG, Low-E & Argon). The quotes were pretty much the same! I had heard that the Marvin Integrity line was supposed to be pricier than vinyl, but less than aluminum clad. (That is why I looked into the Integrity line in the first place!) I realize that one major difference is the material used for the exterior cladding, but how do they really compare? We're trying very hard to stay on budget and they both are about 30% above budget. I like the way both window brands look inside & out. So if the price is virtually the same, which way do I go? Is there typically any additional negotiation room with the distributors? Thanks for your help!

Comments (13)