SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
addfamily

Initial Design of LONG house plan

addfamily
13 years ago

Hey all...

I'm brand new here, but I'm hoping for a little help. My wife and I are looking to purchase a piece of property in our downtown area. Needless to say, it is currently absolutely nothing. It's a 25' x 90' building on a 25' x 176' lot. So, needless to say, it's a very interesting thing to design.

As a baseline of what we're thinking, it's going to have a home office/business space up front for my wife -- this will consist of a gallery space, dressing room, powder room, desk area and storage.

The home will be a great room and master bedroom connected to 3 other bedrooms, 2 baths, study, and garage via a conservatory still hallway.

Hopefully the image will help you understand a bit. It's a rough sketch from the architect with some modifications made by us.

The main room I need suggestions on is the kitchen. I feel that just about everything else meets or exceeds what we were hoping for, but the kitchen just leaves a bit, I think. The last picture is what I drew up for a kitchen. I would love to have a 48" range or even a 36" range top with two wall ovens, but I'm not sure how I could squeeze that in. I can only figure settling for a 36" range. As well, my wife doesn't like the idea of having any major appliance on the island/jut out. Maybe I could shove a small electric wall oven into the island? Eh, help!

Also, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. If I should put it in the kitchen forum or somewhere else, please let me know!

Pictures! (They open in a new tab, and they're probably pretty big as well.)

Comments (13)