SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

Initial Plan Review please - redlines tomorrow

jenswrens
13 years ago

We finally chose a stock plan to modify and will be meeting with the architect tomorrow morning to mark it up. DH and I have drawn the plan with the modifications that we envision working for us, and Id like to get some input before presenting it to the architect.

We are on ~4 acres surrounded on east, south, west by 8000 acres of wildlife refuge. Our closest neighbor is across the road to the north ~ 500 ft away. House will be situated sideways on the lot in order to maximize views and southern exposure and to facilitate a more appealing "approach" from the long driveway on the SE side of house. (House is not accessible from the road/north d/t hills, etc, so seems to make no sense to have front door over there.)

We are limited to building within our current footprint + 750 sf. We will be demolishing our existing house, but per town requirements, we have to leave a small portion of it standing, which will be the west end (currently 25x28 - hearth room/kitchen on new plan). (Mudroom/porch is an addition at that end.)

The detached garage is ~ 50 ft away from the SW corner of house.

3-person family (2 adults, 1 pre-teen) + multiple pets. We donÂt entertain now but would like to in future.

The area IÂm most concerned about is the hearth room/kitchen and master bedroom. I want a "long view" from the front entry straight through to the back entry. (Don't want to see kitchen stuff from front door.) Upstairs, I want a walk-in closet and master bath in that space but havenÂt drawn it in yet.

Please give me your honest opinions and suggestions about the plan/layout and the modifications we have drawn.

Below are the stock plan and the one we drew with our mods. Thanks!

Stock:

Mods:

First floor:

Second floor:

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!