SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mnphotog

Initial Home/Garage Lot layout - lake home advice please

mnphotog
7 years ago

So, we have bought a lot on a lake with almost 100 ft of lakeshore. We are really excited about it but due to the size of the lot we are running into some issues. The max build is 80 feet across. My husband has always wanted an 45 degree (?not sure if that is the correct number) angeled garage but we are finding that difficult to do. Our architect is proposing an L shaped home. We aren't opposed but are having it that way , but if we do we are having problems deciding which way to lay it. My number 1 request is LIGHT. Lots of light. It is South facing and we are doing a 2 story great room with full window with dealing a main floor master (still up for debate)

Right L Garage:

1. the master is on the east, kitchen on west

2. garage works well as you see the elevation and front of house as you approach and have open view to left

3. would have to spend some money on filling a culvert and adding driveway because as you can see below there is already a drive way in drainage culvert in place.

4. good line of sight as too who is coming up drive way

Left L. Garage.

1. kitchen/screen porch on the East and master on West,

2. you see the back of the house when you pull up and can't see who pulls up to the house immediately.

3. can use existing driveway

4. sight line is more that you see the back of the garage as you pull in and look at the front of a house in our front yard.

OTHER GARAGE: We are still working on maybe trying to figure out how to get an angled garage to open up the front - but regardless, I still need advice as to where the rooms should be positioned - I am at odds with my architect and would love your advice - or possibly a front facing. Any input or advice? Below is the lot info (we don't have a plan we have agreed on yet so I have just used an existing outline)

Comments (16)